Courses


Monday, October 17, 2011

SUUNTO Orienteering Technical Course



Course: SUUNTO Orienteering Technical Course
Date: 8-9 Oct 2011
Location: Gua Tempurung, Gopeng, Perak, Malaysia

First time I know the information for this course, already make me feel interested to be a participants. I enrolled at the last minute and thanks to the organizer, because he was accepted me.

I rode my bikes to the course location took me around 6 hours journey plus a rest stops. This time really enjoyed the ride because I have never rode my bike beyond Rawang exit in Selangor. This time was my first ride in Perak.

The course really informative either you were first timer (without basic) or you already familiar with compass, map & trail running! This course conducted by Magnet Edge with collaboration with SNR Adventures, these companies were no stranger in organizing such orienteering races & rogaining races in Malaysia. They also a part of technical team for a few local adventure races.




The participants exposed to the technical knowledge & the instructor shared their experience in equipped the technical team pre, during and post orienteering race organized. The basic knowledge seems help most of us to mastered, because this course taught us to be orienteering race organizer.

As the final part of this course, all eight participants divided by two teams and need to set the orienteering course for each other at Gua Tempurung parameter. My team manage to set the 'real' orienteering course which need to walk-run for around 5km to completed the course.





The greatest part was, the participants & the instructors together swam the nearby river with strong current as a post course activity.

Later, I rode my bike headed down to my hometown JB..

3 comments:

  1. If you've been struggling with how to write essays, this article will show you four easy steps to writing consistently high quality essays. The main things you need to focus on are the essay subject, the opening paragraph, the overall structure of the essay, and your essay content and analysis. This article also provides links to some more resources for essay writing. essay writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing a high grading comparison essay is not as hard as you may think. Below are clear instructions on how to write a comparison essay that your teacher will love. Follow these simple steps and you are sure to improve your grades. Previous Paper 2021

    ReplyDelete